Thread: Ora-1652

Unanswered: Ora-1652

Hi there

We have Oracle 8.0.6 and a special design for the database
    our online system send values to oracle application and oracle application takes old data to text files and replaceing new data in the same tables, so the size of the table is fixed and number of records about 1 million.

Now I got the ORA-1652 error: cannot extend temp segment by 10240 in tablespace VAL_S

I created a new tablespace and I assigned the user to used it as a temporary, but the problem still and my system down til now.

any one can help

and many thanks..

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    > ORA-1652 error: cannot extend temp segment by 10240 in tablespace VAL_S
    ALTER TABLESPACE VAL_S ADD DATAFILE '/b/oradata/sid1A/val_s_data_02.dbf' size 2047M;
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Thumbs up

Thanking you very much
    I tried what you requested, however it did not solve the problem and I got another error msg that says "ORA-14400 Inserted partition key is beyond highest legal partition key".

some information:

free space on tablespace VAL_S about 98M
    ANLG_S_KEY table located on VAL_S tablespace
    ANLG_S table 'tablespace name is blank
    relation between ANLG_S_KEY and ANLG_S via TABLE_INDEX column

awaiting your response

thanks,,

The problem is with the user's temporary tablespace; the problem is not with your data tablespaces or the user's default tablespace.

All sort operations are owned and managed by user SYS. SYS creates one or more extents inside a sort segment in the temp tablespace defined for the user. All that is nice to know, but basically you need to grow the data files assigned to the user's temp tablespace.
    MarkRem
    Author, Oracle Database 10g: From Nuts to Soup
    http://www.remidata.com/book_nuts2soup.htm

Hi,

What markrem wrote is what i understod from the error msg
    and I create another tablespace with 1G space and I alter that user to used that tablespace as a temporary tablespace.

Using CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPAE is not available in our version, so I created the tablespace using normal CREATE TABLESPACE command.

and the problem not yet solved!!!!

If you created a new tablespace to be used as a temporary area, did you alter the user to have it use the new tablespace as it's temporary tablespace?

alter user xyz temporary tablespace my_new_tablespace;
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

If you assigned the new temp tablespace to the user and Oracle appears to be using the old temp tablespace, then disconnect and reconnect the user. (and if the user is really a connection object within a J2EE Realm, you might need to shutdown and restart the whole connection pool.)

The error about partition keys appears to be related, only because you should not be able to see two unrelated errors at the same time. (The errors are part of a related stack.) Check the Oracle 806 docs for database limits, so see how many partition keys you can have. It should be at the end of the Reference guide. In 9i and higher it's something like 64000 partitions, but I think in Oracle8 it was lower like 256 partitions per table. I hope you have a copy of the docs, since 806 was desupported it's hard to find support.