Exclamation Unanswered: Opening MS Access Database Form in a Web Page

Hi Everyone-

I've been trying to figure this out for a few days now.

I'm trying to get a Microsoft Access Database Form to open automatically within a webpage. What I currently have is a Main Page that contains 4 links, one which when clicked, needs to open another page that contains the Access Form that navigates the database.

I've been having a hard time trying to figure out how to do this because the words "Microsoft," "Access," and "Web Page" are incredibly broad to search for on a few search engines.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Maybe I could start a thread to help you here, but it sounds like you want to investigate one of these methods:

1. Use an Access Data Access Page. This is an Access form designed to work on the web. I personally haven't used them enough to give you good guidance but someone here should be able to help you.

2. Create a web form using a scripting language such as ASP or ASP.Net and bind the form to a back-end Access database. If needed you can also use a pop-up window or an alert prompt to simulate a dialog window or msgbox.

3. Embed a VB ActiveX control on a web page; once the client downloads your developer certificate to accept your ActiveX control, you can run almost anything you'd normally run on a client computer.

4. Use automation to create an instance of the Access application (CreateObject) and try to create a form object.

There are probably additional, better suggestions. For searching, try