Cool Unanswered: Need help with date parameters in a crosstab report

Hi All,

I have this crosstab query with parameters as follow:

[Start Date:] Date/time
    [End Date:] Date/time

It works fine on it's own. However if I try to build a report from this query, the fields will not be available in the wizard until I remove the parameters from the crosstab query.

Once I remove the parameters, I can build the report and run it no problem. However when I put the parameters back in the cross tab query, I get the following error:

The microsoft jet engine did not recognize " as a valid field name or expression.

Prior to getting the error, I am getting prompted in sequential order [Start Date:]-[End Date:]-[Start Date:]-[End Date:]

This is weird because I had it working before and now it's not...

I also get the same error if I call the report from a form that passes the two parameters (Dates) to a VBA procedure that creates the crosstab report dynamically.

This suggests to me that Access does not like the double quotes ("). I had notice this in the debuger. When I looked up the two parameters, the values were "2004-09-12".

Does anyone know this issue?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by duaner; 09-13-04 at 06:34.

Cleveland USA

I think dates are supposed to be surrounded by #, not "". #2004-09-13#.

I've done a couple of reports with dynamic crosstabs, and they have the query's parameters set. Do you mean the query's, or do you have the fields' criteria set to [Enter Start Date]? Usually, a crosstab query is built from a select query. You need to have the start and end dates as criteria in the select query, not the crosstab.

Thanks Lisa...

It works now...however my dynamic query doesn't. I have to review it.