Question Unanswered: Scanning Documents into Access

I need to scan documents as embedded objects into an Access database. I searched Microsoft Knowledge Base and only found an article saying I can do it, and it lists some scanner choices that'll work. Does anyone know how to do this? I think the plan is to use just the one scanner (don't know what it is yet), but if the code can work for multiple scanners, that would be great. The database will be in Access 2000.

I do not recommend this approach. The MDB file-format is limited in size and space-management frankly becomes a nightmare. It is far better to scan the documents into a directory file-structure and use the Access database to locate and index those files. ("Binary Large Objects" of all kinds are, imho, almost categorically something that databases do not do well.)
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

I agree with what you've said. Right now I'm just looking into some options that'll work, and will be as easy as possible for users with different computer skill levels. I think it'll be OK if I set up a folder just for these documents if I can have it point there automatically.

My other concern is that if the folder has hundreds of attachments, it might be hard for them to find the right file. Is there a way to just open the scanner software and set the save directory to where I want the file to go? And what about preventing overwrites? Can I set a file name for the scanned document too?