Unanswered: Linked Access and Excel

...I've got a table in Access, and a worksheet in Excel...currently linked. Everything seems to be fine with this part.

My problem is...how do I go about keeping the Access table from automatically updating when I add information to the Excel worksheet?

I would like to have a import command button on my Excel worksheet that when activated, imports the data into Access.

My VBA isn't too bad...I've just never interacted with other applications using it.

Thanks.
    Chaci

Q: how do I go about keeping the Access table from automatically updating when I add information to the Excel worksheet?

(1)Remove the link from the Excel Worksheet. If Necessary create a local table in Access to hold the Excel Data. (2)Create an Import process to import the Excel Data into the Access Table, can use VB for the Import.

For more control use an update query to update an Access Table with the Excel Data vs. replacing the entire table.

Use a button, menu item, or the app/form 'Open' event with a decision msgbox to ask user if OK to update the Excel Data.

option Leave the linked Excel Table and run an update from the linked table to a new static table in access.
    ~

Bill

In the other direction from Excel to Access:
    Add a reference to a DAO (ADO) library in your Workbook and work as under access with database, recordset, etc...