Unanswered: Trauncate output from Access to Outlook

A2K2 WinXPPro Outlook 2002
    When I use the command:

Me.cmdeMail.HyperlinkAddress = "mailto:" & [Forms]![frmEmailAddresses]![memEmailAddresses]

Outlook seems to truncate the [memEmailAddresses] field at text length of 255. I want to send a memo field so I can get a large number of addresses in one mail out.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    thanks
    Winston
    Last edited by Winston; 09-13-04 at 18:05.

I would have a table that would contain all of the email addresses that you want. Then loop through the table and create a string containing all of the email addresses separated with a semi-colon. Then assign the string to the HyperlinkAddress property and prepend it with "mailto: ". Hope that makes sense.

Canupus

Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    A2K2 WinXPPro Outlook 2002
    When I use the command:

Me.cmdeMail.HyperlinkAddress = "mailto:" & [Forms]![frmEmailAddresses]![memEmailAddresses]

Outlook seems to truncate the [memEmailAddresses] field at text length of 255. I want to send a memo field so I can get a large number of addresses in one mail out.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    thanks
    Winston

That is exactly what I do... unfortunately, when the string exceeds 255 characters (the length of a text field) it truncates to the last e-mail address before 255... I changed the field to a memo field and it still truncates before it goes to Outlook. The memo field is just fine and can handle 1000's of e-mail addresses. The only workaround I have come up with is to cut and paste the memo field from an Access form into Outlook, but that is rather messy.
    Any more ideas? Perhaps the problem is some setting (registry or otherwise) on a transfer from Access to Outlook, but I am not an Outlook expert
    thanks,
    Winston