Unanswered: Upgrading SQL Server 2000 Standard to SQL Server 2000 Enterprise

I am currently running SQL Server 2000 Standard on my production system, and I am looking to upgrade the system to Windows 2000 Adv. Server. I would also like to upgrade SQL Server 2000 Standard to SQL Server 2000 Enterprise to utilize more than 2GB of memory. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to upgrade the system, and please provide some feedback on your experiences with the upgrade. Thanks in advance.

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    Before you upgrade, think about whether Windoze Datacenter makes sense for you. It offers some features that you can't get any other way, and you can only buy Datacenter from an OEM on a box that is preconfigured for it.

If you decide that Advanced Server is sufficient (and it is for 99% of the uses that I've seen), go ahead and run the box up starting from bare metal. Install the OS, install SQL Server, patch them both with every patch that is available. Once you've got the box "good to go", let it run for at least 72 hours and preferably much more... If a new box fails during the burn-in, that's noxious, but you don't want to have it fail during the "go live" process!

Detach your database from your current server, copy the files to the new server, attach them to the SQL Server, and you should be golden!

Upgrading SQL server

I need to rebuild my SQL server.
    For recovery,deattaching database and copying over files and then attaching them is fine for user databases but what to do for system databases which stores database logins, DTS packages etc...
    How can I restore those database things without creating them again?

Would appreciate any help.