Question Unanswered: TransferSpreadsheet Import into different database

I recently worot a procedure to import an excel spreadsheet into a table in my access mdb file. It worked very well, but I would like to split the database so that the datatables are in a seperate backend database. I am assuming that this will affect my procedure as I will now have to tell it to import the table into the backend database.

I would be grateful for any ideas on how to do this? I am hoping this will be a simple one for a guru?

The code that used to work is below ( it is the "tblDebtors_raw" bit that will need to change but to what?);

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblDebtors_raw", stImportxls, -1

where stImportxls is the path and name of the xls file to import and tblDebtors_Raw is the name of the table I need to bring it into.

Many thanks

Shearman

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb

You can still import the datat to the front end, then make a create table query which creates a table in your back end with the imported data.

SELECT Feld1[, Feld2[, ...]] INTO New Table [IN External DB ]

Then you can delet the table in your front end....

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for that I will try it and post back if successful. Not sure how to point the make-table query to an external database yet but I will do a bit of reading up, sure it can't be too difficult.......can it?

....Update, have done this now and works great. Thanks!

This has given me a slightly different problem now but I will post seperately about that. Oh and by the way I didn't have to do any reading, just simply ticked the 'another database' box on the query builder!!! Thanks again!
    Last edited by shearman; 09-15-04 at 05:51. Reason: Success

No problem, you are welcome

if you split your database with Database Splitter Wizard, you will have table links in your frontend database to backend database tables.
    I believe in this case your import operation should work without problem. since you will have links to backend tables, it will work without modification.
    ghozy.