Unanswered: Reports in FileMaker PRo

Hi everyone!!

I need to know if anyone out there as ever worked with crystal report and FileMaker PRo.

From what i've read so far, its seems to be possible using an ODBC connection. But I cant find any example anywhere.

Even talked to a crystal report sales rep and FMP sales rep.None have answers.

So, I would like to get a step-by-step explanation on how I might get this done. I want to use infomation stored in a few tables in FMP and display them using the report tool crystal report.(Not sure if I need to create a report in CR first,then call that report from FMP)HELP!!!

Can anyone help me please!!!!
    Im using Crystal report ver. 9 and fileMaker ver 6 and/or 7.

thanx in advance for any help you can give me..

Patrick

I've done it...

It's been awhile and I did it under protest. FileMaker is such a good reporting tool, it made no sense to pull the data into Crystal to do the same thing, but the IT Director hated FileMaker and loved Reporter, so I set up FMP 5.5 to share via ODBC and then I set up a DNS to the new data source, and then I told Reporter to go pull data.

It's been awhile but I don't remember anything that was really that tricky. If you could tell me what you've done, I could give you better insight. I could snap a few snapshots for you as well...

thanks,

Joe
    ----

Joe King
    FileMaker Developer's Network
    joe@fmdevelopersnetwork.com

I havent done anything yet. I wasnt sure where to start.
    Right now,im in the same sutiation, Im told to do a presentation on how we might connect FMP to Crystal Report(CR). So I started by looking at their repective web sites, then went to a Forum.

I would definitly appreciate screen shots, if there not to much trouble. It would help me see how its done.For I have no idea right now on how to proceed with this.

Any help again, is extremely appreciated.

thanx again..