Dear Excel Forum members:

My manager ask me to use excel to generate a report which will show calculated results for daily container loaded (results show total and average weight for different types of containers loaded). He also want a chart which will show the actual weight compare with the goal (projection).

I read excel book, i found that pivot table (ptable) is a good way to calculate those data (it's good for costomized calculation).

I have 3 types of containers which list on the same worksheet. I tried use ptable show the total and average weight for single type of container. It worked.

But when I want to generate ptable for all 3 containers, ptalbe wizard says that my ptalbe name is invalid, or it only show two data field for one type of cotainer.

--My sample worksheet look like this:

AVG WEIGHT AYY AVG GOAL AYY

1,756 1,622

AVG WEIGHT AKE AVG GOAL AKE
1,184 1,213

AVG WEIGHT AMJ AVG GOAL AMJ
4,786 4,702

I highlighted all these cells for generating new ptable

--my outcome (ptable) on a new worksheet look like this:

Data Total
Count of AVG WEIGHT AYY 5
Count of AVG GOAL AYY 5

i am missing AKE and AMJ containters. Could someone tell me what shall I do to make other two types of container also show up in the new ptale?

Should I add more calculated fields? or I didn't something wrong?

-- second problem I have is that newly created worksheet always appers in front of the old worksheet. I want to know How can I adjust order of the worksheet, so that new worksheet will be placed after the old worksheet?

-- my thired question is that once i genereated pivot table, I need to created pivot chart correspoinding to the table. Is there way I can set the measurements on vertical ( y) axis? For expample the output will look like this:

on y axis: 1500

I want to do my own measurements by reset the scale to the number I prefered.

My description is little long, sorry. If you can give me some helpful suggestions, that will be a big help I want to impress my manager so he know that i can do a good job!

Sincerely,

sjgrad03
9/14/04