Unanswered: Report Calculations

I have groups of records on my report grouped in this order: Date, Section [of employees], Shift, Employee. Then their regular hours, overtime hours and the justification for those overtime hours is displayed.

What I need to do is be able to, at the end of the report, have the regular hours and overtime hours summed up for the whole report, which I can do, but then also sum the total regular and OT hours for each section and each shift of the entire report. For example:
    Section 001/002 Total Regular Hours: 200 Total OT Hours: 28.
    Shift: Regular First 80 Second 70 Third 50
    OT First 12 Second 9 Third 7

I don't know how to isolate the hours for each Section or Shift and sum them up at the end of the report. I've thought about using subreports based on separate queries and placing them at the end of the report. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Please help!
    DocX

The teachings of God's Begotten: 2 John 1:9

Provided Answers: 1
    What are youusing for shift identification? You can use a combination of sum() and iif().

=sum(iif(SomeGroupingField = SomeCriteria, SomeGroupingField, 0))
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

You'll want to look at Sorting and Grouping. When you are in design view, go to View, Sorting and Grouping. If you add Section and Shift to the list of fields to group on then put in Yes for group footer it will add a couple of sections to your report. Here you can copy and paste the sums from the report footer to each of the shift and section groups.

Sorry. Reread the post and my post will not help you. If you want to show the totals at the bottom of the report then I would go with subreports. However if you can, base your queries on the data in the first query. That way if the calculation changes then you are not updating multiple queries. You should be able to select and group by the Shift and the Section in two different queries to get the totals.

Is there a way to reference totals from a certain section? That would help me a lot. I've been trying to find the exact events that may occur between each section. That would be another good alternative. Anyone know much about report section events?

Thanks!
    DocX

The teachings of God's Begotten: 2 John 1:9