Question Unanswered: Is there a way????

Hello.

Here's the situation:

I am trying to build a calculation that will allow me to access information from one field via a relationship if the initial relational field is empty.

Is this possible to do or do I have to type out 1107 addresses all over again?

Please don't say the latter. . .

Many thanks!!
    Last edited by afrodytea; 09-16-04 at 08:08.

Set up a calculation or do it by scripting depending on your situation

You can use a calculated field, a set field in a script or a lookup done by calculation (the two last options are appropriate if you want to make the information static from this moment). You will of course need to ensure that you do not trigger a relookup or the set field by accident hereafter.

The calculation in the field or the script should first check whether the first field is empty (based on the relevant relation). If this is the case it should return the information from the second field, again either by calculation in a calculation field or as a scriptstep.

Best regards

Carsten

Quote Originally Posted by afrodytea
    Hello.

Here's the situation:

I am trying to build a calculation that will allow me to access information from one field via a relationship if the initial relational field is empty.

Is this possible to do or do I have to type out 1107 addresses all over again?

Please don't say the latter. . .

Many thanks!!