Thread: Expire Alret

Unanswered: Expire Alret

Hello there,
    First of all thank you all for sharing your knowledge and keep it up..Secondly I want to add alret function to an calculated field..for example I have any item that has expiry date.. and I want to get an alret before the expiry date ..is it possible ? if possible..how ?

thank you again

Provided Answers: 1
    Where do you want to do that? On a form when you input your data, or in a report or ....

Hello hammbakka.. on a report

Lightbulb

Put your check in the OnExit event
    some thing like that

PHP Code:
    Private Sub txt_yourTB_Exit(Cancel As Integer)

If 
    IsNull(txt_yourTBThen
        lbl_mess
    .Caption "Please enter value "

Cancel 1

ElseIf txt_yourTB CDate("12.12.2005"Then
        lbl_mess
    .Caption "Expire Message"

Cancel 1

Else

lbl_mess.Caption ""

End If 

hello hammbakka.... I think the code is not working........ thank you

Exclamation

Personally, I dislike 'OnExit' events or anything that keeps me from being able to move from one field to another at-will. I like to have buttons for "check this form for errors" which present a list of all the errors found. This button can also be clicked (programmatically) when the record is about to be posted.

The main reason? Tpyos! You're typing away and you mak an... oops, hit back-tab and... you =can't= go back and fix that field until you type something valid in this one! It really throws off your data-entry. It forces you to look up from the document you're touch-typing from. This really is a serious usability-issue for folks like me.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

Quote Originally Posted by sundialsvcs
    Personally, I dislike 'OnExit' events or anything that keeps me from being able to move from one field to another at-will. I like to have buttons for "check this form for errors" which present a list of all the errors found. This button can also be clicked (programmatically) when the record is about to be posted.

The main reason? Tpyos! You're typing away and you mak an... oops, hit back-tab and... you =can't= go back and fix that field until you type something valid in this one! It really throws off your data-entry. It forces you to look up from the document you're touch-typing from. This really is a serious usability-issue for folks like me.
    You are right, but you still can call your onExit event from your OnClick button too. in this case you beat two birds with one stone.