Unanswered: Database access with more than one user

Hello,

i donīt have great know how of sybase databases end my englisch is not perfect. But i still have a question and i hope you can help me.

I have a server with a local database called "data.db". The connection comes over a system DSN with the Sybase SQL Anywhere ODBC driver. If iīm opening the database, there are no problems. But when i come with more than one user (over Citrix, Terminal Services, eg.) the second user donīt get a connection to the database. Only the first user get access.

What can i do to make the database working in a multi user environment?

Thanks and regards.

Sascha

Provided Answers: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by szdc
    Hello,

i donīt have great know how of sybase databases end my englisch is not perfect. But i still have a question and i hope you can help me.

I have a server with a local database called "data.db". The connection comes over a system DSN with the Sybase SQL Anywhere ODBC driver. If iīm opening the database, there are no problems. But when i come with more than one user (over Citrix, Terminal Services, eg.) the second user donīt get a connection to the database. Only the first user get access.

What can i do to make the database working in a multi user environment?

Thanks and regards.

Sascha
    Can you tell us what kind of database you are using? Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere? Enterprise? Something else?
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!

I donīt know what kind of database it is. Itīs just a file called "data.db". I must open it with an application called "meddra browser". If i rename the db-file to data.mdb there are no changes. The file still can be opened by only one user a time.

If it is running Sybase ASA (adaptive server anywhere), it is probably starting on the local engine (dbengX, where 'X' depends on what version). To get it accessible over a network, you need to start it with dbsrvX.exe. If it is an "authenticated" version, it will only be usable with the application it was distributed with.

I know this isn't much help if you don't know what you're looking at, but it might give you enough information to ask the appropriate questions of the application vendor.