Thread: Reports

Question Unanswered: Reports

Hi all
    Ive created a report that produces an invoice based on the criteria of a QBF query.

What im trying to do is produce a two page report with the same data on each page, well almost the same the first page will be our office copy and the second page will have all the invoice info on it but it will have customer copy across it somewhere.

is this possible

Icerat

any one got any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by Icerat
    Hi all
    Ive created a report that produces an invoice based on the criteria of a QBF query.

What im trying to do is produce a two page report with the same data on each page, well almost the same the first page will be our office copy and the second page will have all the invoice info on it but it will have customer copy across it somewhere.

is this possible

Icerat
    Yes it's possible ... Make a duplicate 2nd report and call it from the 1st ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Subreport

This may not be the neatest way but since the two reports are not quite identical, I suggest creating two reports and placing the Customer Copy into the footer of the invoice as a subreport. That way they both print together

Perplexed

Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    Yes it's possible ... Make a duplicate 2nd report and call it from the 1st ...
    could you please explain a little more please
    thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed
    This may not be the neatest way but since the two reports are not quite identical, I suggest creating two reports and placing the Customer Copy into the footer of the invoice as a subreport. That way they both print together

Perplexed
    Hi
    Ive used all the areas for my report, page header/footer and report header/footer.

Could you explain a little more or if you have any other ideas it would be great.

Thanks
    Mike

Subreport

If it is feasable to move the information from the footer of the main report to another area, I find that it works best.

I would use copy and paste to create the customer copy report and then just add or remove whatever you need to.

To insert the subreport into the main report - open in Design View of course. On the tool bar is a subform/subreport wizard - looks like a sunken square - as you move your mouse over the tools it will tell you what they are. Click subform/subreport and go click in the footer. The wizard will walk you through which form to insert. It was very easy the first time I did it, so you should not have any trouble.

When you print the main report the subreport always prints with it.

Perplexed

Quote Originally Posted by Icerat
    Hi
    Ive used all the areas for my report, page header/footer and report header/footer.

Could you explain a little more or if you have any other ideas it would be great.

Thanks
    Mike
    Make a new grouping and only display footer?
    Ryan
    My Blog