Thread: Query Grid

Unanswered: Query Grid

I am having a number of speed issues in my app where I am using recordsets , finding the record that matches a field in a form I have open and then updating the record.
    I believe I could do this using a query instead of a recordset if I could get the correct syntax for using forms.fields in the criteria grid of my query. I am using MS Access .adp and the syntax seems to be different than .mdb but I cannot get it right. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CORRECT SYNTAX.

This is the syntax I have been trying
    WHERE [est_id] = ([Forms] ! [frmWorksOrderComplete] ! [frmWOrderHead] ! [txtjob_estid])

Quote Originally Posted by livvie
    I am having a number of speed issues in my app where I am using recordsets , finding the record that matches a field in a form I have open and then updating the record.
    I believe I could do this using a query instead of a recordset if I could get the correct syntax for using forms.fields in the criteria grid of my query. I am using MS Access .adp and the syntax seems to be different than .mdb but I cannot get it right. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CORRECT SYNTAX.

This is the syntax I have been trying
    WHERE [est_id] = ([Forms] ! [frmWorksOrderComplete] ! [frmWOrderHead] ! [txtjob_estid])
    For future reference to .adp developers
    I have since been told that this does not work in .adp only in .mdb so I'll have to find another method of finding records.
    Thanks anyway