Unhappy Unanswered: WebForms + Oracle 9i Database

Hello,

I installed an Oracle 9i (9.2.0.4) database and Forms/Reports Services 10g (9.0.4) on my Linux Red Hat Enterprise 3 (ES). I migrating some *.fmx files to my local forms90 subfolder in the Forms/Reports Services ORACLE_HOME folder.

I invoke the *.fmx file through the Web Browser on a Windows 98 CLinet computer on my LAN as follows:

http://Linux2005:7777/forms90/f90ser.../form=cadastre

I get a Web prompt in my browser asking me for a username/password/database.
    My question is:

1) What values should I put for the username/password/database ? (from my tnsnames.ora file located on my Linux Server ? from my tnsnames.ora located on my CLient computer(s) ?)

Your toughts ...

PT

Provided Answers: 4
    As you're running the form, I guess it has to do something with data in the database. For example, you wrote a form which will show all employees from the EMP table which belongs to user "scott".
    If you run the form, it is understandable that it will not be able to retrieve any data if you don't connect to the database, that is - user "scott". Therefore, provide username and password of the user and name the database it belongs to.

Unhappy Connecting to Remote DB

Hello,

Yes, I understand that.
    My *.fmx file was compiled in Oracle 9i iDS and connected to an Oracle 8i database. I migrated my application + database Oracle 9i. I installed Oracle Forms/Reports Services 10g on my Linux box and copied the *.fmx files to the forms90 subfolder.

NOw I want ot invoke my *.fmx form over the Web and connect to my Oracle 9i Database.

1) Can I do that ?
    2) How do I know what usersname/password/database service name to type at the prompt ?
    3) Are those values coming from the tnsnames.ora file on my Linux server ? or the tnsnames.ora file stored locally on my Windows Client computer ?

PT

Provided Answers: 4
    1) Yes, you can. At least, my forms written in Ora9IDS work fine regardless I connect to Ora8 or Ora9 DB.
    2) If you don't know username and password, well, I'm afraid I can't help you with that. I'd use the ones I used in Ora8.
    3) database service name can be found in your client tnsnames.ora file if you're connecting from the client.