Unanswered: sql data sharing

Hey guys,

I have a quick question about SQL 2000 server data sharing.

I am currently using SQL 2000 Server Enterprise and I need to do synchronous data sharing with flat files. I have an ODBC connection to the files. I was able to easily share this data by using linking in Microsoft Access, however, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do the same in SQL. We are in the process of converting legacy code. The old code will of course be communicating with the flat files and the new code will be talking to SQL server. So it is vital that the 2 access methods are both pulling the same data. Does anyone have any ideas???

Help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Dax

Provided Answers: 54
    What type of flat file? Could you use a linked server to allow access to the files?

-PatP

linked server

Yes I have set up a linked server, and can successfully query the data. However, I was wondering if there was a way to set up the linked server in Enterprise manager to get all of the functionality that I can get from a regular SQL database. I appreciate the help.
    Thanks
    Dax

Provided Answers: 54
    Coach me a bit here, I'm missing something... What features do you want? A flat file just isn't stuctured storage like a SQL table. You can approximate a lot of SQL's features in a flat file, but the process isn't pretty on a good day, and it can get downright ugly fast!

-PatP