Talking Unanswered: booking database

Hi Guys!

I am doin this db (booking) db still but I want it to acknowledge that when a piece of equipment is out on loan then someone else cant have the ability to select that product, I dont know whether its at form or table level I can do this?

Cheers

Lucy xxx

Provided Answers: 1
    There's about 13,567 ways to do this depending on requirements. What do you have so far?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    There's about 13,567 ways to do this depending on requirements. What do you have so far?
    How did you come up with that number Ted???? I can think of at least 25,000 ways ... (well actually about a handful anyway ...)
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    How did you come up with that number Ted???? I can think of at least 25,000 ways ... (well actually about a handful anyway ...)
    Just wait till I have my coffee!!

Hi. Someone else was just asking about "things out on loan". I'll try to repeat what I said, in case in helps.
    I have a simple CDs .db. For every CD (CD table) I included a Yes/No field called OnLoan. If it's checked, it's out on loan. If not, it isn't. A simple query with criteria in the Yes/No field (either "Yes" or "No") tells me if something is unavailable or available (respectively).
    If you want to prevent someone from selecting a product, you could base your form on a query that limits the dynaset to products that are not on loan (Yes/No criteria= "No" (not on loan)). Or shows all products but disables the ability to select a product (however you do that) the same way (if OnLoan="Yes" Then...). Here's hoping.

Red face thanks guys!

Ok so I am really that stupid?!?!? LOL I have just realised that a check box would be a logical way to do it!!! Its only a simple loan database, thanks again though!!! I love this site to keep me on me toes!!!

Lucy xxx

Are you going to need to track checkout history? Eg: How many times was a given item checked out, when and to whom?