Exclamation Unanswered: Command Line to Launch Access Report

(Novice MS Access User)

I would like to learn the process for launching an Access Report from a Command Line.

I have a program which uses an Access database. I have generated a report to view individual records which are generated by the program, and need to insert a Command Line in the program to automatically launch the report after the program has run a session.

I have a field for inserting the command line (tested with a simple executable), but now I would like to launch the report automatically.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Keith

When you say command line, do you mean a DOS prompt? OR do you mean by running a macro in the dB?

the Windows program I am using has command line prompts to launch an event, such as report, when a program session ends. There are fields in which I need to enter the command string, i.e. C:\Program Files\.... etc. and it opens in a separate desktop window.

When the session ends, I can launch a program (as a test) such as word or access, but I would really like to open the report I generated in Access.

Does that help?

thanks... Keith

Well that is more windows programming. One thing you may want to try is open access find your report and right click then choose create shortcut. Browse for where you want it. Then since you know how to open Access or Word at the command prompt do the same thing with this shortcut and see if it works.

While I can create a shortcut and launch the report from the my desktop, copying the same shortcut into the program and trying to launch doesnt work.

I appreciate your help getting me this far! There just has to be some other line of code I need to add to make this report go!