Unanswered: delete links from tables

How do I delete the links from tables? I'm working on someone's database and every table has a link. How do I get rid of them so I can work with the data?

I'm not sure to understand what you want. Delete linked tables or relations between tables ?

Provided Answers: 1
    Make a recordSet which contains the whole tables, then make a loop using DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, rs("tableName")
    where rs("tableName") is the field of your recordSet containing the table name.

In this way you will be able to delet all tables in the recordSet

Deleting Links

Alternately you can view the table structure (Tools->Relationships). Highlight a table relationship (click on it) and press delete.

I find this a farly safe, if slow, way of deleting links. (You may have to restart Access after doing it by the way.)

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hammbakka
    Make a recordSet which contains the whole tables, then make a loop using DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, rs("tableName")
    where rs("tableName") is the field of your recordSet containing the table name.

In this way you will be able to delet all tables in the recordSet
    I'm not sure that's what he's looking for... I'm under the impression he wants to remove relationships.

Why do you want to do this? Do you understand WHY the "link" exists between the tables? If you don't, then don't screw with it.

Referential integrity exists for a reason.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***