Caphyon LLC is pleased to announce the release of Advanced Installer Professional 1.9, a Windows Installer authoring tool which enables developers and system administrators to easily build reliable MSI packages. Advanced Installer runs on Windows 2000/XP, and the install packages it creates run on all Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/NT/2k/XP operating systems.
Windows Installer is a powerful, but very complex technology. Mastering it on your own takes months of hard work. That's where Advanced Installer comes to help. It creates a high level abstraction on top of the underlying technology. With a clean, simple user interface, each operation is logical and intuitive. Everything is done in the user interface, without complicated scripts to learn or arcane database tables to edit.
Advanced Installer is built on standard, open formats. The project files are saved as XML files for easy integration with source control systems. Advanced Installer is FREE for the simplest, most common usages. If additional capabilities are needed, they are available at some of the lowest prices in the industry.
What's new in Advanced Installer 1.9
This new version adds the ability to create installers that will launch any type of file at the end of the installation and the ability to create Uninstall shortcuts and other types of command shortcuts. The prerequisite support is improved with a better UI, silent install and command line support.
- Can launch any file (html, exe, etc.) at the end of the installation.
- Can create Uninstall shortcuts and other command shortcuts.
- Add/Remove Panel customization: icon and disabling Modify, Repair or Remove.
- Can prevent installing an older version of the product over a newer one.
- Improved supported OS resolution to include SPs and OSRs.
- Support for Default registry entries.
- Silent install and command line for prerequisites.
- Specifying change package name, destination folder and project root.
- Varous bugfixes.