Unanswered: Multi page report question

Disclaimer: I have looked for infortion on the web and in the access help file to no avail.
    Criteria:
    I am working in Access 2000
    This is a sdatabse (poorly done) that i inherited.
    I have the following query named parta:
    SELECT stats.Date, stats.[Corps Code], ...(various fields ...
    HAVING (((stats.[County Code])=[Enter County Code Please]) AND ((stats.Date) Between [Start Date] And [End Date]));

it is the source for a query named partb. Partb is the data source for my report.

Question:
    The query parta currently asks for the [County Code] and the date. I would like for the report to simply print the calculated stats from query partb for each county code on seperate page.

Would the best way be to make vb code for the report and make a loop ?

I am uncertain. Any input woul;d be greatly appreciated.

Darasen

"I would like for the report to simply print the calculated stats from query partb for each county code on seperate page. "

Maybe I'm missing the complexity but wouldn't you just design your report with a page break after each record...?

If you don't care whether or not parta still requires the start/end dates and the county code information to complete the query, you can just delete it from the sql statement.

As for getting the county info to print on different pages, when you design your report you need to create a grouping on the county code and have at least one group header/footer. Then in the properties of that header/footer, you can set the Force New Page property to Before Section.
    Last edited by PatrickFAO; 09-21-04 at 15:52. Reason: needed more info

Unclear me.

I am sorry I guess I was a bit unclear

The report ask for a date range of the information input.
    The report Currently ask for the county code ( there are 25)

The part a query selects the data based on the input (Easy stuff)
    The partb query Claasifies and totals all the results of parta. So, for example, it looks at the ages of the inputs ands calcualtes how many are aged 12- 17, aged 18-25 and so on. (This is done via Inner Ifs BTW.) It breaks down the totals into 34 fields. Those fields are all listed on the report and the percentage of the total records they compromise.

A typical month has a couple thousand total entries. for one counties information.

so it is not a matter of different records just being listed but the totals for county 101 on one page the the totals for county 201 on the next and so on.

Hope that gives a clearer picture of what I already have.
    Sorry.

Darasen

Thanks !

Thanks PatrickFAO We must have been typing at the same time

the grouping works perfectly. I must have missed reading that somewhere because it seems like such an easy solution.

Thanks again
    Darasen

Not a problem! LOL, the deeper you get into this stuff the harder the we try to find resolutions to simple problems.