Thread: schedules

Unanswered: schedules

I'm in a quandry as to how to do this:

I have a schedule in which several groups of kids take three classes everyday for a week. On the form, the groups are organized in colums, the days are the rows. I want to make a drop-down list box for each session (morning, afternoon and evening) that only supplies the classes that are possible for that session--based on what the other sessions are. I can make the drop-down list easily eliminate any classes that the group is already taking that day. Where I am having trouble is eliminating the classes that other groups are taking in that same session. Its a problem because the classes can have up to 3 running at any one time, so it would have to check to make sure that no more than three are running at a time. Is there a query type that will count the classes or something else I haven't thought of yet?

Let me know if that doesn't make any sense and I'll try to clear it up. Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Ben

The Dcount function will count up the occurances of a field given a certain criteria.