Unanswered: URGENT Replication Failure

By Accident One table got truncated on the subscriber which is one of the table in Published articles. Now all the Update inserts and delete are failing .
    and other tables are not being replicated either. what could be done to fix this .
    Publisher gets a lots of updates every hour how ever because of this problem all the tables are not getting any transactins replicated. Please help ASAP

Reinitialize the subscription.

This involves marking the subscription as needing reinitialization, taking a snapshot (ie. starting the snapshot agent, which usually happens every hour or so by default anyway if a subscription needs reinitializing) and starting the distribution agent after the snapshot is finished.

The snapshot agent will build the schema change scripts and bcp the published data out to some external files. It depends on how your publication has been set up but it will probably mean dropping and recreating the tables receiving the data on the subscriber, but the distribution agent will do that automagically. Since the tables will probably get dropped and recreated there may be a few seconds where client apps trying to query those tables on the subscriber will get SQL errors returned (because the table won't exist for a few seconds).

Once the subscriber has been reinitialized, the log reader agent on the publisher and the distribution agent on the subscriber (or the distributor depending on whether you made it a push or pull subscription) will work in concert to keep the subscriber up to date with the publisher. (This is all assuming it's a transactional publication; it's slightly different for a merge publication but similar theory.)

HTH.
    mike hodgson
    database administrator
    mallesons stephen jaques
    http://www.mallesons.com

'It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.'

Thanks

I really appreciate that