Thread: text indexes

Lightbulb Unanswered: text indexes

Hi,

Have following question, by creating an index as specific indextype (for Oracle text), get this error while trying to put it in a different tablespace than the default one:

create index context_index_arc on arc_documenten(document) indextype is ctxsys.context tablespace tabespace1_indexes;

ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-29850: invalid option for creation of domain indexes

I know it is different for these types of indexes to use the storage part, but how can I put this index to another tablespace?

I also tried this one:

create index context_index on documenten(document) indextype is ctxsys.context parameters('tablespace=tablespace1_INDEXES')

ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
    ORA-20000: Oracle Text error:
    DRG-11000: invalid keyword TABLESPACE=tablspace1_INDEXES
    ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 157
    ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 186

anyone can help me ?
    thanks

Are you, like, a really bad typist? Is the syntax of what you actually typed correct and as you intended?
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

Hello,

For Oracle Text indexes, specifying another tablespace than the default one can only be done by creating your own BASIC_STORAGE "storage preferences" first, and then tell Oracle Text to use these preferences when you create your index.

For example, to create a storage preference named textstore in order to use tablespace text01 :

begin
    ctx_ddl.create_preference('textstore', 'BASIC_STORAGE');
    ctx_ddl.set_attribute('textstore', 'I_TABLE_CLAUSE','tablespace text01 storage (initial 1K)');
    ctx_ddl.set_attribute('textstore', 'K_TABLE_CLAUSE','tablespace text01 storage (initial 1K)');
    ctx_ddl.set_attribute('textstore', 'R_TABLE_CLAUSE','tablespace text01 storage (initial 1K)');
    ctx_ddl.set_attribute('textstore', 'N_TABLE_CLAUSE','tablespace text01 storage (initial 1K)');
    ctx_ddl.set_attribute('textstore', 'I_INDEX_CLAUSE','tablespace text01 storage (initial 1K)');
    ctx_ddl.set_attribute('textstore', 'P_TABLE_CLAUSE','tablespace text01 storage (initial 1K)');
    end;
    /

create index context_index_arc on arc_documenten(document) indextype is ctxsys.context parameters ('storage textstore');

Note that you should have created tablespace text01 prior to the index creation.

Regards,

RBARAER

Hi, thanks for the reply, I finally got time to test some things out now, but still get errors:

SQL> create index context_index on documenten(document) indextype is ctxsys.context parameters ('storage textstore');
    create index context_index on documenten(document) indextype is ctxsys.context parameters ('storage textstore');
    ERROR at line 1:
    DRG-50857: oracle error in drixtab.create_index_tables
    ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'USERS'

I don't need it in the users tablespaces, I thought by specifying that parameters ('storage ...) that it would go in that tablespace?

I created the storage as next:

SQL> begin
    ctx_ddl.set_attribute('textstore', 'I_INDEX_CLAUSE','tablespace a_indexes storage (initial 1K)');
    end;
    /

the tablespace in de preference exists and the user has default tablespace users with no quota ... I don't understand what is wrong ... someone else?

thanks
    greets
    ksc
    Last edited by ksc; 10-05-04 at 11:36.

Quote Originally Posted by ksc
    Hi, thanks for the reply, I finally got time to test some things out now, but still get errors:

SQL> create index context_index on documenten(document) indextype is ctxsys.context parameters ('storage textstore');
    create index context_index on documenten(document) indextype is ctxsys.context parameters ('storage textstore');
    ERROR at line 1:
    DRG-50857: oracle error in drixtab.create_index_tables
    ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'USERS'

I don't need it in the users tablespaces, I thought by specifying that parameters ('storage ...) that it would go in that tablespace?

I created the storage as next:

SQL> begin
    ctx_ddl.set_attribute('textstore', 'I_INDEX_CLAUSE','tablespace a_indexes storage (initial 1K)');
    end;
    /

the tablespace in de preference exists and the user has default tablespace users with no quota ... I don't understand what is wrong ... someone else?

thanks
    greets
    ksc
    okay, things are oke now, I thought I didn't had to put all those preference attributes in of it, but it seems that is has to be ...

Yes, you have to set all these attributes for the storage preference.

Glad it helped.

Regards,

RBARAER