I've seen a couple of mails about CrLf and also about the difference between & and + so I thought I'd write in about a neat trick I read in a PC mag.

Consider an Address file with the following data:
Account_Name: Ace Inc.
Address_1:...... 1 Main Road
Adrress_2:...... Grumpton
Address_3:......
Town:........... Snoresville
Post Code:...... SN1 1NN

The problem with sticking these fields straight on a report is that there will be gaps e.g. in Address_3 so the address looks daft.

The following (taken from a form in this case) will produce a line by line address string which will remove any gaps and present a neat address:

Code:
(Me![Account_Name].Value + vbCrLf) & (Me![Address_1].Value + vbCrLf) & (Me![Address_2].Value + vbCrLf) & (Me![Address_3].Value + vbCrLf) & (Me![Town].Value + vbCrLf) & (Me![County].Value + vbCrLf) & (Me![Post_Code].Value + vbCrLf)
This works because add (+) will only be performed (concatenated) if both sides of the add are not null. Whereas app (&) will concatenate regardless of nulls.

Use it in code or a text object or whatever.

As I said, credit for this tip goes to a writer (who's name I can't remember) to the PC World publication (UK)

Just as an aside, I use DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCopy to copy the address string to the clipboard which gives me an easy way to paste addresses into letters, e-mails etc.

Hope that's of use to someone.

Chris