Thread: Date() default

Unanswered: Date() default

Right, I have made a program on Office 2000 and am wanting to move it between different machines, the problem is that I have tried to use it on a Office XP machine and in the Default for one of the fields i used Date() and when i go into add a new order it brings up #name which i think means it cant find the reference to date() seeing as it works fine on mine?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Is this a form control? a Table field? In either case, it should be =Date(). next check if your libraries are selected. If using DAO or ADO, the library priority must be moved up as high as possible.

I heard someone had same problem, and they fixed it by using Now() instead of Date(). I don't know the exact reason why Access does it, but you can try this if you feel desperate.
    ghozy.

Do you have any missing references? If you edit some code and look in Tools/References does anything show as missing? Missing references cause functions like Left and Right to stop working. And since it is on another machine, that machine might not have something loaded/installed.

I have checked their references the other day, there was one missing but i replaced it, it was the Vb6ext.olb or something like that? It got the date() to work in my vba code but still the default in the properties of the field shows #Name. I am going up to take a look today anyway so ill push priorities up because the dao one is lower than ado and i use dao and ill push the vb6ext one up aswell. Ill also try the Now function, thanks everyone, hope it works!