Unanswered: move graph from excel to word with macro

how do I do it?

Take a look at this page. Jon uses a macro to copy chart to PowerPoint, but gives principles on how to do it for all Office applications. I use the chart and range macros everyday.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

Very usefull, thank you.

The example shows how to paste at the cursor, but how do I choose the place where the graph should be pasted at automatically? Should I place some odd text at that spot in word format and then search for it or is there some more elegant way to markup the file?

Also, there is a line:

Alternatively, copy the chart and only its specific data into an empty workbook, and copy-paste this as a native chart.
    what is a native chart?

Native chart refers to a chart made in the actual program. That is, the charts in PowerPoint, for instance, are not the Excel charts but PPT charts. So also with Word.
    old, slow, and confused

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by NaugGc
    The example shows how to paste at the cursor, but how do I choose the place where the graph should be pasted at automatically? Should I place some odd text at that spot in word format and then search for it or is there some more elegant way to markup the file?
    I would say try that approach. If you get what you want without errors or other problems (alignment, etc.), then don't worry too much about a more elegant way. Once it works properly you will much time to experiment or find a more elegant approach.
    old, slow, and confused

Rich