Unanswered: help with a macro?

I have created a macro, but can't seem to get it working. Could someone tell me what I've done wrong? Here's the details:

Access 2000. I have a switchboard that I need a lookup value on (my boss INSISTS on this). So, on the switchboard swbSPACES, I created a combo box which gets its information from qrySPACES DWGS. Here's what I have as the macro:

Open Query: qrySPACES DWGS
    Apply Filter: filter name: qrySPACES DWGS
    where: [qrySPACE DWGS]![SPACE NAME]=[Forms]![swbSPACES]![space name]
    Save

So I went to my form swbSPACES and on the combo box, space name, I changed the properties to the event: on change and saved the form. When I open the form and click on the combo box, the space names are listed and I can choose one, but nothing happens from there. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Dont use a macro. Use the form reference in the query criteria.

form reference

I'm not following you on your suggestion. How do I get the lookup field to be visible on the switchboard if I just use the query? Or am I misunderstanding you altogether?

I'm sorry, but that doesn't work either. I get a message looking for a paramater value and no records are pulled. I'm sure I must be missing something (besides my brain )

I think I misunderstood you before, the query should point to the control that contains the item to be queried, which is another control from the combobox that is using the query as a lookup. I attached an example.

J
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried this too, but then my drop down list on my form was blank!

Maybe the best thing for you is to post the DB itself so that I can see the problem and fix it.

J

I tried, but it said the file is too large - even zipped. Is there another way I can get it to you?

you might try importing only the form, query and table that we're dealing with to another db, if the table itself is still too big, then delete most of the records in that new db.

sorry... I'm not all with it sometimes. I think this is everything you need. If you'd rather, my email addy is: siena_mermaid@yahoo.com

Thank you so very much for looking at this for me!
    Attached Files Attached Files