Cool Unanswered: Problem Locking a Form

I am trying to create a Form for Data Entry. The Form should come up in a view only mode that way the user won't accidentaly change any data in the record. I have an Edit and Add command button that unlocks the form and then allows data entry--

This setup works well except I have a few fields on the form - Mostly COMBO boxes with QUERY to select the records-- that are NOT LOCKED when the form is in VIEW mode...

HOW CAN I FIX THIS?? I don't want to change the property so that it is ALWAYS locked, ONLY LOCKED when it is in VIEW MODE..

PLEASE HELP!!!

If your "View Mode" is a toggle for the Form's "Allow Edit" property then that might work for you ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Actually in the Form's Property I do have "allow Edits" as a YES--

I will elaborate-- the following is the Code in the form:

Me![Tax].Locked = OnOff
    Me![TaxId].Locked = OnOff
    ' Me![Market_ID].Locked = OnOff
    Me![Combo226].Locked = OnOff
    Me![Combo238].Locked = OnOff

When the code is executed, it gives me an error on the Line - Me![Market_ID].Locked = OnOff.... so that is why it is commented out... However, that is also the problem now, when the form is OPENED, a user could go to that particular field and change it on the form without hitting the EDIT button.. I want to be able to lock the [Market_ID] field during the VIEW mode but be able to EDIT it when the user hits the edit button...

Can anyone help on this one????