Question Unanswered: Expression for Query to Sort by Todays Date

I have a Access query that needs to generate a report with only the records generated on the same day. For example, I generated 10 records in my database today, which is in addition to the prior records from the past few days. I would like my report to only show the records I made today, then tomorrow, etc...

Sorry if confusing.

Thanks... Keith

DateSerial(Year(Now()),Month(Now()),Day(Now())) will give you today's date in the form m/d/y

Date() will give you the same result

J
    Last edited by meremyb; 09-23-04 at 16:41.

use following as your criteria in your query;
    DateDiff("d",Date(),[yourdatefieldhere])=0

it will check day difference of today's date and yourfield's date and show only the results returns 0.
    ghozy.

Actually, the easiest way to do a "report for today" is to base the report on a query that includes the criteria "= Date()" for the appropriate field. The query returns only today's results.

It's a little more complicated if you're working on a Timestamp type field (date and time), but not a lot.

If you want the report to summarize several days, by date, then you need a field in the report-query that returns the day. Then group your report output by that field. A separate group of rows will be produced for each.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

yes, actually sundialsvcs is right, you can use =Date() as your criteria if your date field holds only date part without time part.
    ghozy.

Question

Thanks to all for the great support...

Clarification (oops) - my date field also includes Time, so the table is formatted for Date/Time (and is displayed 9/24/2004 12:10:22 PM),

how to expand the expression to include the time (or exclude to query only the date?

thanks... Keith

for exclude the time :
    SELECT Table1.*, Format([champ2],"dd/mm/yyyy") AS expr1
    FROM Table1
    WHERE (((Format([champ2],'dd/mm/yyyy'))=Date())) OR (((Format([champ2],'dd/mm/yyyy'))=Date()));
    Format(xxxx,'dd/mm/yyyy') depend of your régional setting and in which format you stored the date in your data base