Thread: qry reg LAG

Unanswered: qry reg LAG

how can i get 2 or more colums of the previous record using the lag function

ie, any other equivalent for the below..... hope the below one is not efficient..not even sure wheather it works... pls suggest a way

select lag(a,1) over (order by c,d) prev_a, lag(b,1) over (order by c,d) prev_b from ....

the order by remains the same...
    -Mathan
    For a quick pocket reference of oracle refer http://pocketoracle.blogspot.com/

Not sure what you really mean, but I guess somethi ng like this: you want to get the 2 previous values with respect to the current row. If that is, I think LAG is not what you are you looking for, since it doesn't support a Windowing clause, but any of the analytic aggregates functions. You can especify the range or rows with respect to the current row with these. More over, would be evern better if you post a test case of what you are want to achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by getmathan
    how can i get 2 or more colums of the previous record using the lag function

select lag(a,1) over (order by c,d) prev_a, lag(b,1) over (order by c,d) prev_b from ....
    that is how you would do it.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...