Unanswered: mysqld_multi on windows

I have mysql 4.1 beta for windows and have installed it in windows xp. According to the mysql manual, in order to run multiple mysqld servers with different configuration options you have to make use of the utility mysqld_multi. However, what I see in my installation is that mysqld_multi.sh is a unix shell script file. How can I run mysqld_multi on a windows machine?

What do you want to do with more than one instance of MySQL server,really need?

u_ashu,

I looked for this too since I want to run multiple servers on a single windows host for testing a while back. I seem to remember reading somewhere there is no corresponding windows mysql_multi script (somebody please let me know if that's not true!). Trying to launch multiple servers using the same mysql environment wouldn't work for me on windows. I think if you install multiple MySQL binaries in different directories and run them separately using their own config files you should be ok.
    Keith Brownlow
    ServerMetrics DB Monitoring (www.servermetrics.com)

Thank you all for the interest.
    I have found out that mysql_multi, in any case, is only for unix.
    In the manual (in the section: running multiple mysql servers on the same machine), they have suggested two ways to run more than one servers on the same windows machine by either setting different options in the my.ini file, or making more than one options file (viz. my1.ini and my2.ini) and then starting the servers one by one giving the right respective options file for the two servers. In the former case, you can install more than one servers as a windows service, which is exactly what I wanted to do. Well, thus far, I have managed to install the services and started them. Now the problem is, how to start mysql specifying that I want to run the mysql from a particular server.
    For example, suppose I have made two services named mysqld1 and mysqld2, and they are running (as shown in the windows xp "services" utility) how will I mention that I want to start mysql -u root (from the mysqld1 service). Needless to mention, when I start mysql -u root without giving any options, it gives that (Oh so cute) can't connect to MySql server on localhost error.