Unanswered: multi user Access 2000 split, record locked by another user?

Ever since we upgraded from Access 97 to 2000 we can no longer have more than one user in the same form. I read that I should split the database, to help with a multi user enviornment. I did I now have the tables on the server and have sent the FE to 5 different user stations. We are still unable to all get into the same form? I keep getting a message that the record is locked? I went in and made sure that there is sharing. What have I done wrong any ideas? This may sound minor to most, but my boss and coworkers are ready to throw me out of the office. Any help would be sooo appreciated.

Making a FE/BE combination just won't cut it ... How are your forms interacting with the data? Are the forms bound to the tables (even tho they're in the BE) thru linked tabling? If yes, then you've not made it multi-user ... What you have to do is make your forms act upon the data indirectly ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    Making a FE/BE combination just won't cut it ... How are your forms interacting with the data? Are the forms bound to the tables (even tho they're in the BE) thru linked tabling? If yes, then you've not made it multi-user ... What you have to do is make your forms act upon the data indirectly ...
    I personally like to hear some more details on this subject when you have free time. I feel like this is something I have no knowledge of.
    ghozy.