Unanswered: rollforward question

I am working with db2 v7.2 and aix4.3,
    I have the on line backup image taken at May 15th, can I restore (and then roll forward ) this backup image with log file from May first? Actually it is a roll backward instead of roll forward?

thanks for your help

No No No No No No
    mota

Quote Originally Posted by dbamota
    No No No No No No
    Hi mota,thank you for your answer, let me I explain more detail,
    we changed userexit=on and retainlog= recovery and we have plan take a ONLINE backup every day and one full offline backup every Friday, I am going to restore backup May 16th to another box my question is , if I move the logfile from (Friday May 12 that is full offline backup) what should I do to have a new database with May 16th)? just a simple restore ? or I need roll forward restore? please help , if you need more information let me know .

Thank

Quote Originally Posted by M_RAS
    Hi mota,thank you for your answer, let me I explain more detail,
    we changed userexit=on and retainlog= recovery and we have plan take a ONLINE backup every day and one full offline backup every Friday, I am going to restore backup May 16th to another box my question is , if I move the logfile from (Friday May 12 that is full offline backup) what should I do to have a new database with May 16th)? just a simple restore ? or I need roll forward restore? please help , if you need more information let me know .

Thank

you have two opitions:
    1. Use May 12 full offline backup and rollforward all logs to the timestamp (May 16)

2. The first choice is not very good for you because you need many log files to rollforward. Therefore, according to statement, you have daily online backup, why don't you use the May 15 online backup and only rollforward just one day logs?

Hope this can help.

Quote Originally Posted by ddlldd2000
    you have two opitions:
    1. Use May 12 full offline backup and rollforward all logs to the timestamp (May 16)

2. The first choice is not very good for you because you need many log files to rollforward. Therefore, according to statement, you have daily online backup, why don't you use the May 15 online backup and only rollforward just one day logs?

Hope this can help.
    Hi ddlldd2000,
    Actually we lost all dialy backup from may 13 to 15, The only thing I have log file from offline backup may12 and online backup from may16, I thing :
    1- I create new database in other server.
    2- ftp and put all log file from May12 into new database log file.
    3-restore online backup May16 , it should be OK, Am I right? please help.

If you have May 16 online backup, why don't you use it to restore? If not, what you plan is right.