Unanswered: Need reference Book

I am a newbee with Access and need a GOOD reference book on understanding Access Code, (i.e, Me!, Nz(Me!...).
    I remember If...Endif statements and Do While...Loops from d-Base III, but access code is out of my league.
    I am currently using "Microsoft Access 2002, Inside - Out", but is does not explain code very well.
    Thanks for your help!!!

I am currently using "MS Access VBA Programming for Absolute Beginner" by Michael Vine and Access Cookbook (O'Reilly Windows) by Ken Getz, Andy Baron, Paul Litwin. Both books are great.

Thanks

Thanks ESM, I will get those books....

I'm using Access Inside Out, a microsoft press book. I've found it to be fantastic in both general DB issues and VB code. Good example DB's on accompanying cd.

J

Here are some more suggestions:

VBA for Dummies - Steve Cummings - Hungry Minds

Until recently this was my only reference book for many years. OK, it's not specifically targetted to Access but from your comments it is the VBA code that you want explaining. Also it is for beginners, but if you are not too proud to read through those programming concepts that you already know then Steve Cummings will lead you onto techniques and standards that are quite advanced for a "beginners'" book. I learned about the VBA developers' windows, how to efficiently debug code, good coding practices, how to use ADO (as opposed to DAO) all from this book. There is even an introduction to OOP in Access. The book come with a CD containing code examples and bonus chapters. The humour is not as excrutiatingly awful as other "Dummies" books.

Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference - Cardoza/Hennig/Seach/Stein - wrox

Quite a tome but a very thorough treatise of all VBA matters as they relate to Access. There are some useful appendices with object methods and properties all brought together in one place. Don't worry too much that it is for v2003 as the new version features are clearly isolated. I would say this is a book for Access developers of an intermediate level. There are code examples but no CD so you have to transcribe.

From the position of the apostrophe in the title the authors obviously expect there to be only one Access 2003 VBA Programmer in the whole world!

VBA Developer's Handbook - Getz/Gilbert - Sybex International

Again, only one Developer? This is a really professional tome complete with all code examples on a CD. One feature I like is that it includes the complete Reddick (spelling?) naming convention. Otherwise it covers useful topics in depth. Although it is not specifically targetted to Access most topics are explained for Access as well as for Excel etc. I have both this book and the previous one but if I had to choose then it would be this one.
    Rod

fe_rod@hotmail.com

Talking

Access 2002 Developers Handbook by Ken Getz, Paul Litwin and Mike Gilbert is great if you know something about Access and programming, goes from about intermediate to advanced. I'm a newbie and it has helped me a great deal. ISBN:0-7821-2370-8
    Also, before I got that book I had Using Microsoft Access 2000 by Roger Jennings. It might be about the same for 2002, but not totally sure, but could be good to read. ISBN: 0-7897-1606-2

have a nice one,
    Bud

Also, check into VBA and SQL. They both come handy in Access.

Ken Getz and Mike Gilbert have now been nominated in two recommendations; they must be doing something right.
    Rod

fe_rod@hotmail.com