Unanswered: my database won't open

i am finished with the my db, and applied users and administrator (myself) and it was working fine for a week. someone deleted my MySysObj in an engine created when I used the security wizard, now I can't logon or anything. is there a way to get into the db? please, please, please help...

d.williams

If the file is in .MDB format (not .MDE) then go to the mdb database file with Windows Explorer then click on it once. Now, while holding down your shift Key, double-click on it. Access will start up and your database window should be displayed to you.

Ok, I tried that but it still says the following in a nutshell

I can't get in because I do not have permissions. I need to contact my administrator to give me permission to open it.

is there a way to forgoe all of this and open it....i will get rid of the password stuff I did for the db and start over with that.

I can't afford to start over.....it took me 6 months to build it

any ideas???

Database Won't Open

Dunno if this will help. The message about MySysObj is very misleading - I've had it several times and nothing on the Mocrosoft site has been any help at all.

Try creating a blank database and importing everything from your dead database into it. If you're lucky you might get most of the database in. If that works try making regular backups of the original database (I know nobody else does, but we all should).

Good luck.

Go to this Microsoft web page....it may shed some help for you.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...#_Toc380148781