Unanswered: MISSING: Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordest 2.7 Library

Hi,

Win2k
    Excel2k

I transfer a small excell application back and forth from and XP to Win2k so I can work on it during the weekend. This time however, I am getting a compile error when I try to open it. When I open it I noticed that the Reference Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordest 2.7 Library is checked but the word MISSING: preceeds it ( See attached). But when I open a regular excel workbook, I have that reference. What's going on, here??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reference.bmp  

Any answers to this problem? I'm facing the same situation here....

Any help?

Thanks!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont

uncheck it !!

Alexxx12

Do you know whether you need the ADO Recordset model? If you don't need it then do as jepi suggests and uncheck it. In fact you have an interesting and conflicting set of references selected. Is Access needed for an Excel application? Why are both DAO and ADO selected? If the reference to objects in either model are not explicit and fully qualified then problems will occur as both models contain object classes with the same name.

If you do need the ADO Recordset then after unchecking, save and exit; then reopen, return and recheck the reference (it will have migrated down the list amongst all the other Microsoft offerings).

If the problem persists then in all probability the library is missing, moved or corrupted. It should be:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msador15.dll

(Yes I know, why '15' for version 2.7? Answers on a postcard direct to Microsoft please.)

If it is missing or you suspect corruption you can copy the library from another directory, another Windows machine or you may be able to grab it from an installation disk. I have four copies on my machine: two at 56Kb seem to be the latest version installed by the recent Window XP Service Pack; two at 48Kb seem to be the previous version superseded by the service pack.

Postscript.

I've just spotted that your example specifies version 2.8 not 2.7. I thought I was fairly up to date but although I have ADO and ADOX v2.8 I only have ADO Recordset v2.7. Are you using Office 2003? Perhaps that explains the the higher version number as I use Office 2002. Otherwise could this be a symptom of your troubles. I can find no information in the MS Knowledge Base for this.

Post Postscript.

Have you changed either operating system lately - a service pack or Windows Update perhaps? Has an incompatibility between the W2K and XP dll been introduced?
    Last edited by Rod; 09-26-04 at 10:02.
    Rod

fe_rod@hotmail.com

In my case, i am using the ADO 2.7 library, so i need it.

I have also tried replacing the file with one i know works, with no success so far.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont