Thread: Lock Record

Unanswered: Lock Record

Hi,

I want to lock record ( Update, Delete ) By certain date condition using DB Trigger. Means, If a user want to update data for previous months, He is unable to update or delete those data. I'm using Oracle 8.0.5

Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 4
    I have a feeling you didn't pay much attention to the thread Tony sticked at the top of this forum ...

This subject was discussed two weeks ago; you can find more about it here. Let us know if you encounter further problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefoot
    I have a feeling you didn't pay much attention to the thread Tony sticked at the top of this forum ...

This subject was discussed two weeks ago; you can find more about it here. Let us know if you encounter further problems.
    I was read that thread "Create a trigger to prevent deletion on particular record"
    but my problem is, I want to protect all previous records (not a particular record).

For you understanding, I have thousands of record in a table, and there is a field containt date. Now I want no one cannnot delete or update those record which are one month old from the sysdate.

Think it's clear to you.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Working Together...

OK, so - where's the problem? You already described the problem - obviously, you know WHAT to do. HOW (syntax of trigger creation) can be found in any PL/SQL book (some samples are given in thread you read).

Do post the trigger code you wrote and explain what kind of problems you met during compilation / testing session so that we could help you further.

Unless, of course, you expect some of the Forum users to write it for you ...

Many many thanks . I made it.
    Working Together...

Excellent!