Unanswered: Beginner question about forms

I've downloaded and installed Lebans RTF2 (Rich text box) control and I'd like to use it in my database. I want to add the Rich text box to my form and whatever is typed into it is stored in a field called "Classifieds" in my table. How do I accomplish this? I can add the Rich text box, but I don't know how to connect it to the field in my table. I've tried the "ControlSource" property, but it doesn't work like a normal text box. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by smacdonaldnc; 09-26-04 at 06:49.

Record Source

Is your form connected to a table/query through the RecordSource property? If it is and you still can't connect your Rich Tect Box, you're probably going to need to use code....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker
    Is your form connected to a table/query through the RecordSource property? If it is and you still can't connect your Rich Tect Box, you're probably going to need to use code....
    (I just noticed that if I enter the information into the Rich text box, it is saving it in the appropriate field. Thanks for the help!)

I do have one other question though. I want to add a Search box to my form that will search all of the information displayed in all forms (or in tables for that matter) and display a new form based on the Search string. Can anyone provide me some examples on how to do this?

For example: If I have a field in a table for "Phone Numbers".. I want a search box and button on my form that I can type a phone number into and it will pull up a form with that persons information.

Additionally, any idea how to get the content from the Rich text box to output correctly to a form. So that it's actually formatted just like in the box and not a bunch of code?
    Last edited by smacdonaldnc; 09-26-04 at 08:45.