Smile Unanswered: a common database question...

hi~ i am new to Oracle, and still researching it. i have a question regarding the Oracle database~

what can be used to create client side user interface for accessing the database? i know there can be a variety of answers to this one... but can someone please give me a short list or something for this?

thanks~

Provided Answers: 4
    I guess the most common ways for users that don't know much about SQL (and they don't need to know it, after all) are forms and reports.

There are, as far as I know, different ways to write them. Oracle provides Forms and Reports Builders. Furthermore, you can use Delphi, Visual Basic, C, ... to produce forms which will connect to Oracle database. I've heard of Crystal Reports which can be used to write, well, reports

Sorry if I misspelled any of those names.

Also, I guess there must be other ways to achieve what you need. I hope someone will add them to the list.

thank you~

Provided Answers: 1
    Also, for web-based interfaces, there is Oracle HTML DB and of course ASP.

There are also Java (with a JDBC driver to connect to Oracle and Swing or AWT for the interface), C++ (with OCCI or another API to connect to Oracle, and MFC for the graphical part, or Trolltech QT which is a C++ solution that offers both functionalities as well as many others). In windows, you can add C# with which you can create very pretty and neat graphical interfaces. Tony spoke of ASP, you have also the PHP choice for a web-based solution.