Question Unanswered: SQL connection string and

hi. im new to this forum and programming.
    pardon for my description of the problem, it confused me as well.
    i have a question regarding connection string value in
    i have installed MMSQL 2000 and relevant sp3. a local server, Named "(local)" was created by default under one of the SQL server group, using window Authentication.
    under the server i created a database, named as "project".
    after a table was created, i tried to establish a connetion between and sql.
    below is what i have in my connection string. it dosent work.

lobjCn.ConnectionString = "Provider=DBNETLIB;Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=project;user id=sa;password=12345678"

my questions are base on my database settings, what value should i put into?
    and if im using Windows Authentication mode, what the user id and password?it it the same as the one i use to log into this comupter? i have tried and it doesnt work.

the user id and password i use in the connection string is what i used to login to query analyzer.

im newbie. any answer wld be greatly appriciate

I think your current connection string specifies SQL Authentication. For Windows Authentication your connection string should contain "Integrated Security=SSPI" replacing "user id" and "password". At least, last time I checked ADO.

thanx for the reply, Kaiowas

i have change it to
    lobjCn.ConnectionString = "Provider=DBNETLIB.1;Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=project;Integrated Security=SSPI"
    but it still dosent work. could there be any problem with my provider name or data source?
    when i run it, the brower says "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied."

where else i need to change?

LA, CA
    check this website:

thanks a lot~