Question Unanswered: Microsoft Clustering Service failed to restore registry key for resource SQL Server

I got this system error log in the event viewer every time I start the SQL Server cluster resource:

The Microsoft Clustering Service failed restore a registry key for resource SQL Server when it was brought online. This error code was 2. Some changes may be lost.

Even though the SQL seems to be working fine now, I won't know if something drastic will happen later.

Searching the Internet for resolution, I saw this article. The Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 307469 requires using the Windows Server 2003 ClusterRecover utility to reset the server cluster check points.

I've not tried it because I don't know if this is the correct solution or if it will work or not.

Can I even solve the error without using the above utility? I also cannot afford to reinstall the clustering or SQL server.

Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by mauve
    Can I even solve the error without using the above utility? I also cannot afford to reinstall the clustering or SQL server.
    Probably, but I'd bring in MS-PSS before I even tried. It sounds to me like you've got too much riding on this to be comfortable trying to gamble on it.

-PatP