Exclamation Unanswered: sending Database Password through code VB

If you set a database password the user has to enter a password everytime the (.mdb) database is opened.

I have created a database which is secure. The only way to access the data would be to import my tables into another database.And, I understand that if you set a database password, you have to know the password to import or link database objects.

I was wanting to know if I could make to where when my database is opened my password is automaticlly sent and allows user to access, but when the user tries to import from my database a password dialog box pops-up.?

Is there a different way to stop someone from exporting objects from a database?

Provided Answers: 1
    You can use an .mdw file and open your DB using this .mdw

You can create a command line in your shortcut to include the password (but its readable right there in plain text!)

Or create a small VB app (exe) to start your access app using the same command line. This will not show the PW.

Greetz

Quote Originally Posted by hammbakka
    You can use an .mdw file and open your DB using this .mdw
    Wouldn't the user be able to delete this file or if the user is advanced, wouldn't the user be able to view the password to the db file ?

How would you create this without using user level security on the db?

Thanks,
    Sudney