Unanswered: Help with RTF control

I needed the ability to add certain bold words to a text string, so I dropped Leban's RTF control onto a form and began using it. The only problem is, at the end of the week, I need to compile all entries made into that RTF box so that I can copy/paste them into a layout program for a newspaper. I figured the easiest way to do this was to generate a report that included the data found in those RTF boxes (table:field). The only problem is, when it generates the report, I don't see the actual formatted entries, I see some sort of code generated by the RTF control. Is there a way to get the formatted text to output rather than the code from the RTF control and if so, how might I do this? Thanks.

which control you are using in your report to show RTF field?
    ghozy.

I used Stephen Laban's RTF2 control on my form for the ability to add bold formatting to a text string. I used the Report Wizard and generated a report that included the Table:Field for the RTF2 control. The RTF2 has a ControlSource of "Classified".. that is the Field I store the values in. So to answer your question, it's whatever the Report Wizard used =\

then what is field type of RTF field in table? text? memo? OLE?
    ghozy.

I just checked. The field property is set to "Memo" in the table. The form contains the "RTF2 Control". I let Access generate a Report using the wizard and when I checked it, I still had the RTF code instead of the actual formatting. I entered design mode and found out that the report was using a "text box" to display the contents. I changed it to a RTF2 control and it corrected the problem. Now I can see the formatted content on the report which is good.

The only problem now is, when I try to publish it to Word, I can see the page number at the bottom, but nothing else is visible. All of the report is gone.. no RTF code, no formatted text, nothing. How do I get Access to output the proper formatted RTF to Word? I need to be able to save the Word document and open it at a later time to copy/paste the contents into another program.

Quote Originally Posted by smacdonaldnc
    IThe only problem now is, when I try to publish it to Word, I can see the page number at the bottom, but nothing else is visible. All of the report is gone.. no RTF code, no formatted text, nothing. How do I get Access to output the proper formatted RTF to Word? I need to be able to save the Word document and open it at a later time to copy/paste the contents into another program.
    I was guessing you had wrong control type in the report. But frankly, I don't have any experience with RTF2 control. You might want to open a new thread in the forum about this problem. Maybe someone else could help.
    ghozy.

Don't you have to tell Word about the control? I have not done this before but I think, somehow, you have to let Word know what the RTF2 control is. Add it to references or register it. The other thing you might consider is using embedded Word documents for your rich text. It may not provide the control you want, but for my needs it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by DCKunkle
    Don't you have to tell Word about the control? I have not done this before but I think, somehow, you have to let Word know what the RTF2 control is. Add it to references or register it. The other thing you might consider is using embedded Word documents for your rich text. It may not provide the control you want, but for my needs it works well.
    How do I go about using an embedded Word document for my rich text?