I have a server that I will need to uninstall SQL Server and then install it again because of missing files.
I need to bring the back to the way it is or was. My problem is replication.
Since I am new one knows the Administrative Link password. When I try to generate script for replication for the password it uses the 'N'.
Is there a way to work around this problem? Please advise.
If you are going to trash your existing server, you'll interrupt things a bit in the process. Changing the password will have little additional affect.
I'd take a systemic approach to your problem:
1) Declare downtime
2) Script, then remove replication completely
3) Detach all of the databases from the affected server
4) Rebuild the affected server
5) Reattach the databases to the affected server
6) Recreate replication from the script (this will reset the password to an empty string)
7) Collapse in a heap for about 16 hours or so