Unanswered: Access output to MS Word

A2K2, WinXPPro

When outputting a report to word (.rtf or .doc) graphics and conditional formatting is lost. Some formatting remains, but only when field properties are set. Using Format conditional only sends std text to word doc. No graphics get transferred. Using following syntax:

DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, strDocName, acFormatRTF, strWordDocName, False

Is there a way to get the formatting to go also?

thanks
    Winston

Hey,

Do you wish to export the reports into word so that you can edit them?

If not, and all you want to do is save a copy / mail etc.. try exporting to .snp

With .snp you cannot make any changes and it in effect saves each page as an image to view only.

Thanks... the .snp did the job formatting wise, but (pardon my ignorance) I've never seen a .snp file before. Do all versions of windows have a .snp viewer? Also, do you know of any way to get the formatting into Word? I really don't need to edit the doc, so the .snp should work, but Word is a bit friendlier (and if I ever want to edit the doc, I can)
    thanks
    Winston

I read somewhere before that Snap is installed along with Access so from that I assumed most people with office had it. As far as I've seen people using 2000 & 2002 have it! I've not seen a user on these two without - maybe I was just lucky.

I can't think of any real way to get the formatting into word - I would have like this myself. The only thing I could suggest is creating a Macro or Module in word that would add your pictures.

Sorry I can't be much more help than that