Unanswered: run access query

I have a database front end using access, back end uses sql server. In front end, i have a query, how can i run this query in sql server.
    Another querstion, the cliend need the data, but that is too big, it is about 91700 records, How can i retrieve it and send to them. I try to use access, but when i save it as .xls file, it told me there is too many record to save it. Anybody has any idea about the data? Thanks in advance.

1) Use a Pass-Thru query??? I'm not sure exactly what you mean, though.
    2) Could you save the records to a .txt file? Maybe zip the file if you need to.

Provided Answers: 54
    I'd save the result set as a table within an MS-Access MDB file.

-PatP

I have report in access front end called rptActive. When i run this report, it contain 91700 record, But i just export the data to my drive, But it gave me message that it has too many records. So i can't save it.

i can save it as a table, but the client need to send to them as email format. how can i do that?

They can email from an Access table, or you could split the result set into two or more Excel files for them.

-PatP

i can email, but it is too big to send, i am going to split this data.
    For the first question i mention, i had query call rptActive in access front end, how can i run this query in sql server? that is my question. Thanks for all your help.

See MSDN.

-PatP

thank you very much! What is the different between run on access link table and run directly on the sql server, the later one will save time, is that right? When to use it?

The two environments (SQL Server versus MS-Access) are compatible, but quite different. Different rules, different benefits, different costs.

From a pure machine efficiency standpoint, a query run on SQL Server will always out perform the same query run against a linked table in MS-Access. However, that query will then run "pass through" to SQL Server, so it runs in a more complex and more technically demanding environment which means that the query may be harder to write.

I'm used to dealing with data on scales that MS-Access couldn't begin to handle. Because of that, I'm much more accustomed to SQL Server syntax than I am to the Jet syntax used by MS-Access. Not everyone sees data the way that I do (no comments from the peanut gallery!), so your comfort level may well be different than mine.

-PatP