Thread: DBD-Oracle

Unanswered: DBD-Oracle

Hi,

I am running some perl scripts on Linux that were previously used on Windows to see if they are working properly on Linux. I have been informed that all the modules/libraries for perl have not been installed yet. By running the scripts, i can see what I need to install to get the script working properly. I keep getting this error whenever I run a script:

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't locate DBD/Oracle.pm in @INC

Perhaps the DBD::Oracle perl module hasn't been fully installed,
    or perhaps the capitalisation of 'Oracle' isn't right.
    Available drivers: ExampleP, Proxy, Sponge, mysql.

From what I understand, Oracle is suppose to be a driver located with the other "available drivers". I tried to install DBD-Oracel from CSPAN, but when i go to install it on linux, it says The ORACLE_HOME environment variable must be set. This leads me to believe that I need to install Oracle on linux in order to download the Oracle driver properly, but the problem is that I can't have Oracle on Linux (says my boss).

So what I want to know is how do I get Oracle.pm and if there is a way for me to get it on linux (Suse) w/o having to download Oracle. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >if there is a way for me to get it on linux (Suse) w/o having to download Oracle
    NO way, Jose`.
    Oracle DBI/BDB must be linked against Oracle supplied libraries so Perl can "talk" to Oracle via SQL*Net.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.